Friday, October 18, 2013

7 Reasons My Friend Jim is Awesome

As promised, Jim gets a post dedicated solely to him and below are the reasons why.

1)  He is the first person to acknowledge that he read by blog.  I know I haven't publicly announced it on a Facebook status but I did put it on my Google Plus account.  That should count for something.

2) He did not rip my posts apart with a red pen.  He can be a grammar Nazi at times but nope, not this time and for that I am thankful. Their ain't no worst thing than a grammer Nazi. (Right, Jim?)

3) He has not predicted a horrible death for me in Uganda.  Others have suggested that I might get mauled by lions or get stung by a mosquito holding the black fly blindness.  Heck, some still think there is a chance Joseph Kony will barge into my hut.  Not Jim.  He wants me to live long and prosper.

4) While everyone else is watching their novelas and hockey/baseball/football/soccer/rugby games, he is downloading movies and shows for my external hard drive so that I may not miss out on American cinema while I am abroad.  Dude, you rock!

5) He promised to share his e-book collection for my kindle.  Still waiting on that link but no pressure.  I'm sure it'll come any day now.

6) His son, Anthony aka Ani, is friggin' adorable and smart. He created and is raising another awesome human being.  Go Jim!

7)  Just when I get that phone call with a member needing a medical evacuation, Jim comes to the rescue with his green laser pointer to BLIND me temporarily and remind me that I am not alone at work.  Hurrah!

I could make this list longer but I don't want everyone to run after my friend Jim to take him away from me.  Everyone will just have to find out on their own how crazy great this assistance coordinator really is.

To Jim, stay cool.  :)
Here's a pic of Jim trying to hide the guilty look after shining the laser pointer in my face. -.- 

More posts to follow.  Nov 11th at 7am is the take-off time for my adventure.  Debating whether I should keep this blog or start another one solely for the trip...  We shall see what happens.  Toodles.

1 comment:

  1. I like the name of it. Mayonnaise soup.. sounds totally yummi!

    ReplyDelete