Thursday, November 7, 2013

Weebale

As I get ready to take off on my trip, I am being bombarded with blessings in every form.  I wish I had the means to thank each and every person that has made this departure so special to me - because really, it has been.

I'd like to start out by thanking my family, who cannot stand to be with me and yet love me unconditionally.  They put up with my endeavors around the world and support me even in decisions that don't sound so appealing from a safety standpoint.  This trip would not be possible without them.  I went to Mexico with some of them a week ago and got a glimpse of the solitude I will encounter.

My small group, Evolution, has been my rock in this roller coaster for my faith.  These ladies are my sisters in Christ and irreplaceable friends.  We have been through experiences that are indescribable with words and there will be more to come as the path is lit for us.  The

My company friends at AXA Assistance USA are the best coworkers anyone can ask for.  In the course of one year and a half, I have learned so much from them, I have laughed with them, and now I am indebted to them for the kindness they displayed today with their "surprise" potluck.

Lastly but certainly not the least, my friends around the world have inspired me to continue traveling and pursue my dreams.  The statement I strive to prove true remains the same - "This world is smaller than you think."

Alright, alright.  I'll stop being such a sap.  Now it's time to get down to business.

Things left to do:

- unlock my phone
- review list of sites available in Uganda
- finish packing and close my suitcases
- buy missing toiletries
- take pictures
- visit my godparents in Indiana
- clean out my room
- prepare copies of docs
- obtain 12 copies of passport pics

The countdown to my departure is now under 82 hours.  I must remember to breathe in... breathe out... breathe in... breathe out.

For those still wondering what the title of this post means, it is Thank You in Luganda, one of the local languages spoken in Uganda.



1 comment:

  1. Aww!!cannot wait to hear and read more of your experiences! I posted your blog in evolutions FB page in hopes that they will come and read your adventures.

    ReplyDelete